Pages

Sunday 6 August 2017

Sunday Stamps II begins an A-Z

Each year when the April A-Z Challenge comes along I consider using stamps as a topic.

Now Sunday Stamps embarks on an A-Z with, fortunately, one letter a week. In choosing what to show I am picking countries where I have fewer stamps and hopefully ones I have not shown before.

I'm not a great lover of cats but a Siamese on my only Albanian stamp starts the sequence off.


Albania - 20 September 1996
From Andorra, again a single stamp - 

Andorra - Gothic Cross at Meritxell - 17 June 1961
At the last count I have stamps from 8 'A'countries; it will be interesting to see how other letters fare.

To check other 'As' visit Sunday-stamps-II-138


10 comments:

Heleen said...

Such a good idea to choose countries! I have never seen stamps from Albania and Andorra before, and am looking forward to knowing the other countries from your alphabet!

Joy said...

I like that mountain pass. I was also going to do animals and Albania too until discovering that randomly I have mostly fish and crustacea so stuck with the country but took another tack.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - interesting to see the Abyssinian cat ... and A for Andorra ... cheers Hilary

21 Wits said...

This is a wonderful collection, the cat is lovely! I always enjoy the stamps you find from everywhere!

FinnBadger said...

I had no idea that Shqiperia was Albania.

Two great stamps from 'A' countries to start off your A-Z - I also feel like I am on a new A-Z challenge, and I'm with you on enjoying the more leisurely weekly pace.

Jo said...

I love the cat too. I especially like Siamese.

violet s said...

This may be our first Andorran stamp.
I keep forgetting where Shqiperia where is, and I have a few of these stamps.

Pat Tillett said...

A good start! Both are very nice.

Deepa said...

Iloved them.
My father collects stamps and coins too :-)

Click Here to see what Mrs. Dash Says

♥ Willa @ Postage Journal♥ said...

Love the cat on Albania stamp :)

Good choice!

http://www.postagejournal.com/sundaystamps103-a-is-for-australia/