Pages

Sunday 16 April 2017

Easter - Sunday Stamps II

I looked for an Easter bunny but found this stamp from 1997 instead.


Great Britain
In 2009 my article in the magazine Ireland's Own entitled 'Mad as a March Hare' include a paragraph which read -

"Our name for Easter may be derived from a goddess associated with spring called Eastre. The date of Easter is tied to the moon, and the hare has strong lunar associations, with hare hunting being a common activity in England." 

Now that's probably illegal.

However I have discovered a rabbit on a set of pet stamps from the USA.

USA - Pets 2015
It may be Easter but I'm spending my time decorating. For those wanting to see more Easter of favourite stamps just check out the links at Sunday-stamps-ii-122.html

4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - love the Hare - they are stunning creatures ... most of those pets I'd rather not have! particularly the bottom left! Well done on decorating .. enjoy?! - cheers Hilary

FinnBadger said...

A very handsome hare, and I'd forgotten about the pet bunny stamp.

Joy said...

For some reason I like the juxtaposition of the words forever pets. Good luck with the decorating.

viridian said...

Cute pet stamps from the USA! I missed these.