Pages

Sunday 12 June 2016

Free Choice - Sunday Stamps

I thought that I would pick a recent issue for the 'free choice' theme this week.

Great Britain - Animail 17 May 2016
These stamps are meant to be fun - on an envelope, each one is to be positioned so that the stamp you use wraps round the edge, bent along the white line which you can see most clearly on the teddy bear.

It seems to me that used stamps from this series will only be collectible if you retain the envelope or if someone ignores the instructions for use.

To see what others have chosen visit the links at Sunday-Stamps-II-78.

6 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - they're lovely .. I haven't seen them ... I bought some veggie and fruit ones years ago - when my god-daughters were young - and they were amused ... so I expect these are fun to use - but collectibles - as with all things ... valuable - they're better usually if they're not used and thus not damaged ... Thanks for showing us though .. cheers Hilary

Heleen said...

A real fun serie!
I was lucky to receive the Bat on a postcard, and didn't know the rest of the serie. Great to see them all, thank you for sharing!

Joy said...

I hadn't noticed the fold until you pointed it out and don't really understand the point of it. I do like the stamps though and that they have used the 'normal' stamp colours, the snake works particularly well.

FinnBadger said...

I, too, think this set is so much fun, regardless of how you place the stamps on envelopes. (I guess collectors could mail themselves two sets - one folded around, one not folded).

I was most curious to see what you would choose this week, Bob, and I didn't expect this at all ;)

Thanks for surprising me.

Mail Adventures said...

As an avid mail sender, I'm glad that some stamps are issued for using them, and not just for collecting. I've received almost all of these on postcards and letters (to be published soon in the blog), and I find them funny.

VioletSky said...

As a lover of word play, "animail" is clever!
These are fun stamps. It seems every now and again the post office does something interesting in trying to attract younger people into stamps (and collecting)