Pages

Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas (religious) - Sunday Stamps II

I showed two secular stamps last week from Australia. Today I have a five year-old's view of a religious theme again from 1983.

Australia

Another stamp from Canada continues the link to last week.

Canada - Madonna and Child
Again I have trouble dating this stamp.

Among a large number of stamps from the USA I found another Madonna.

USA - 1966 - Madonna and Child (painting by Hans Memling)
I'm beginning to despair of ever succeeding in removing GB stamps from envelopes no matter what I try; I even resort to acetone or WD 40 - I get them off, but often only manage to discolour them.

This year I broke my 'golden rule' and went out a bought the complete set.

GB - 2015, 1st & 2nd class for large envelopes

Great Britain 2015 Meditations on the imagery of Christmas
Happy Christmas to all those who take part in Violet's Sunday-Stamps-II and to all our followers.

6 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - I do love the Christmas designs ... most are amazing - some I'm definitely not keen on. I've got a whole load of stamps - so hadn't seen the set of ours this year.

Great to see the variety of ours, the States, Australia ...

Have a very happy Christmas and New Year - and a peaceful 2016 ...
cheers Hilary

FinnBadger said...

I am not one who typically gets excited about traditionally-themed Christmas stamps, but I think this year's set from royal mail is stunning. I don't blame you for buying the set.

VioletSky said...

That is a lovely set - worthy of breaking your rule to have.
I've given up on getting stamps off envelopes and just keep them on the paper. The new self adhesives are conveniently, and yet so inconveniently, very sticky!

viridian said...

Visiting from Sunday stamps, my first visit in a while. Some nice Madonnas here.

Joy said...

I like the colouring of this years stamps,I didn't know their title which makes me look at them in a different light. Self adhesive is a pain, it seems to vary from country to country on type of stickiness which doesn't help.

Mail Adventures said...

Our posts are connected this week :)