Pages

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Animal Planet - Thematic Photography

Excluding the human variety I find that I have included animals in my thematic photography posts 55 times in the last two years with dogs making up about half of these.

Nevertheless I propose to start with dogs again this week - dogs you may recognise, although not these shots.

Gem
Gem, a street-wise black Lab mutt, recently crossed the Rainbow Bridge to join this Golden Retriever who had left her two years earlier.

Cody
They left behind the pup that Cody saved who is now the oldest of a gang of three (Lily, another Golden Retriever and Gabby, a Yellow Labrador)

Scout (when he was younger)
They were  excited in 2011 when a strange beast invaded their domain.

Young steer - 2011
They were more used to barking at the more common invaders of their property.

Deer wondering what the noise was all about
Cody was a keen fisherman but he never managed to catch one of these.

American Green Frog (Rana Clamitans) - 2009
Although there were lots of squirrels in the woods, this bold fellow preferred the Paint Creek Trail at Rochester.


It's much more colourful than his cousin they exported to Britain.

Grey Squirrel - 2014
Although I am not a lover of cats there is one in our village that 'talks' to me; I'm expected to reply and not go by without stroking her.

Tortoiseshell Cat - 2014
I could continue as I have 'shot' as many more species again.

You may see choices made by others if you follow the links at Carmi's Animal Planet -  Thematic-photographic-319.

8 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oh me too, me too. I adore all your dogs, and the others even the young steer, but oh my the last kitty cat, how perfect, it's like I know she's purr-fectly singing holiday songs already!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Ohhh

This was a meaningful post for me today.

I assisted an abused Cocker to the bridge yesterday, and sit loving my Golden who is having a bad day with her cancer. We'll have to face another trip soon.

Are pups, even ones we only know for a day, grip our hearts with a zillion tentacles.

Sigh...so sorry for releasing...

I loved your shots

Marc Latham said...

Nice, sunny collection.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Great pics, Bob. I think we all like to showcase our animal friends, and we should!
~

Jo said...

I wouldn't dare go by that cat without talking to her. Nice to have pix of the dogs that have gone already.

Gilly said...

Oh, I just love your dogs! Especially Scout! If you don't want them, I'll have one!1 ;)

And the deer and squirrels - a lovely collection of animals!

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

I knew I could count on you Bob for some wonderful dog photos.

DougPhoto2009 said...

Nice collection. Thanks for sharing.