Pages

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Run Down - Thematic Photography

"We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run down." (Aneurin Bevan)

But you can get run down at the side of the road as well.

Fence run down by grass cutter in the Spring.
Sometimes however you wonder where the culprit rebounded to.


But perhaps it didn't rebound at all.


I'm not sure what role the JCB had in running down the conifer in our garden yesterday.



Now it's too late to change its mind.

Run down stump
I'm glad I don't have to clear up the mess. It would be enough to make anyone feel run down.

For other run down symptoms you need to check out what others have been inspired to post at Carmi's Thematic-Photographic-311.




6 comments:

Gilly said...

Oh, I love those, Bob, even if I did have a problem finding them, as you didn't put your link in you comment to Carmi! Looks like something definitely went off the road there, with that metal fence. Could take the council some long time to mend it if your council is anything like ours!

21 Wits said...

Great run down photos and comments to go along with each photo. I like your idea of run down for this theme, great play on the words!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The yard looks wonderfully green, even without a conifer.
~

Max Sartin said...

Love those old fences, and how green everything is. great pictures.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I'm one of those silly people who get sad when I see a tree taken down for whatever reason. Poor trees. They have a heart too.

:O(

Kristin said...

I really like that first one, even if it is the result of a thoughtless grass cutter.