Pages

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Trees and Branches - Thematic Photography

I'm spoilt for choice for Carmi's 'Trees and Branches' theme this week. 

Nevertheless I'll restrict myself, mainly. to recent photographs.

Tree in blossom at the bottom of our drive (April 2014)
I took some shots earlier today further up the lane.

Fir, White Lilac, Laburnum and Lilac
Another view from across the road of the same group of trees.


You should be able to pick out the four trees and another with red blossom.

If it's branches that you want to see then the pollarded tree in the old farmhouse garden really stands out.

Cherry Tree at Townend Farm
The next tree I have to show stands in front of a house rebuilt in 1754 - shame I cut its top off, as it looks just like a gigantic mushroom.

The 'Poppy' Tree
Going back to 2007 when I studied what was happening in a wood I have two shots that would make my all-time favourites list.

New growth viewed through a decaying log

Back home in April that blossom at the bottom of our drive stands above a juniper bush and is dwarfed by our largest conifer which unfortunately may have to come down soon.


While I talk to the trees you may branch out and see more at Carmi's Thematic-photographic-295.

8 comments:

Murees Dupè said...

I love photographs of trees. I try to take great photos, but there always tends to be a lot of noise in it. What a wonderful talent you have.

Jo said...

Lovely pictures. Why does the conifer have to come down? We are actually seeing spring flowers round here at long last. Still not very warm though.

Marc Latham said...

Nice trees and great colours.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Enjoyed

As I say often on my blog...I like trees. :)

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Wow, blossoms in April! These trees are absolutely beautiful, so much colour! Thank you Bob.

Gilly said...

I love those flowering Prunus trees - reminds me of my home town. And does that dreadful pollarded cherry tree actually live and have blossom etc. It looks awful like that - I'd take it down and plant another tree! And yes, I think you are going to have to take that conifer down. :(

Alexia said...

Such beautiful flowering trees. That pink one is stunning, and I love the Laburnum, which is not a tree we see very often in this country.

Great shots.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Beautiful colors!

(better late than never, he commented)
~