Pages

Friday 18 November 2011

Tired Out! - Sepia Saturday




I spent so long looking at the Chevrolet searching for inspiration that I tired myself out, but not quite as much as this chap:
Dog tired.
(By withrow - CC BY-NC 2.0 license ex flickr)

I hope that the tyres on the Chevrolet have been recycled and made into something useful and not just dumped in landfill or carelessly discarded. Here's a use that I entirely approve of:
Recycled tyre doormat attracting a butterfly of similar markings.
(By i am brad - CC BY-NC 2.0 license ex flickr)

I did manage to find a photo of my own but this tyre is in use:
Butterfly relaxing in the shade
And here's a way of relaxing if you're tired like me after researching my family tree.
The tyre swing
(By CaptPiper - CC BY-NC 2.0 license es flickr)

If you need a pick-me-up to get you home then you could chose one like this - but don't forget to take the steps from the tree with you or you will have a tiring climb.
Monster tyres
(By readerwalker - CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 license ex flickr)
[This truck is owned by Minco Auto & Truck Accessories in Tallahassee, Florida.]


Before you go don't forget to check out Sepia Saturday 101

20 comments:

21 Wits said...

Now that is really dog tired out for sure! I think you did a fabulous job...what an interesting take on the good old tire that wheels us around and around! I got a great inspiration on his theme and I have 2 more pixs to add and I'm ready to post! I still haven't done TP yet. I was gonna do a classic shot of a telephone booth over here, and I haven't run across on yet!

Liz Stratton said...

Another thoroughly enjoyable post. I would never have thought so many great images and lines could be inspired by a simple tire. I'll never tire of reading your creative posts. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Loved the play on the word, liked 'dog tired' the best. :0)

Christine H. said...

That's a very new way of looking at tires (or tyres.) The photo of the butterfly on the doormat is so unexpectedly beautiful.

North County Film Club said...

I loved this post. So clever and that dog. Too perfect.
The photo of the tree with the tire swing and the wooden steps is gorgeous. Imagine how much fun was had in that tree.
Nancy Javier
http://ladiesofthegrove.blogspot.com/

Tattered and Lost said...

Oh my you've brought back memories of tires, specifically inner tubes.

As a kid I, along with the neighbor kids, used to jump up and down on the tube from a P2V aircraft. Huge tube that could easily hold 4 kids at a time. We'd hold hands and jump up and down all afternoon. Someone would fall off and someone else would get on board.

Anonymous said...

You had several moments of inspiration here, Bob. I especially like the family tree with a tyre swing. I'm very fond of both :-) Jo

Postcardy said...

And you are retired...

Linda said...

I enjoyed your post in its en(tire)ty! Thanks for the smile.

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I love your post, very well done!

Unknown said...

There is no one else who can relax like a dog! Precious photo! Here in the states some tires are being ground and recycled into a type of road covering. Our local high school running trac is made of recycled tires and seems to look just as new as ever, surviving our harsh winters.

Little Nell said...

Well I’ve got to add that you have obviously worked tirelessly to meet the theme.

Alan Burnett said...

I love the combination of rubber tyres and nature : a completely different perspective. Thanks for the surprising journey.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Is the doormat made from a retired tyre?

Mike Brubaker said...

An admirable satire on tyres!

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Bob, you chose some fantastic photos this week for us to enjoy. I love that tree with the tire swing and steps the most ... a tree lovers dream.

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit yesterday,

Kathy M.

Alfandi said...

Wow..the tire swing pic is beautiful..gorgeous blue sky and makes me nostalgic of childhood..

Bruno Laliberté said...

a fun post and my fave is definitely the recycled tire doormat with the butterfly. unusual and beautiful. nice research!!
:)~
HUGZ

tony said...

I Love The Doormat!A Small Step In Reclaiming The Environment.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob .. great collection of photos .. loved looking at them .. cheers Hilary