Pages

Sunday 16 October 2011

Sunday Stamps on mainland Asia

I had quite a lot to choose from for this week's Asian theme but settled for stamps from just two countries.

I imagine we all know something about the first country - but I have no information on the stamps.
Vietnam 
I've shown a flower stamp from this country before.
Mongolia 
Four of these show animals native to the country and the fourth commemorates the 1960 Rome Olympics.

For other Asian stamps please check out Viridian's sunday stamps 40

8 comments:

La Crona said...

Interesting series of stamps Bob.For how long have you been gathering them?

Unknown said...

Like most children I collected stamps when I was small and still have an interest.

Bob Scotney said...

Mattias; I've had stamps since I was in short trousers but haven't been an avid collector. Last went out of my way during the 1960s/70s until stirred up by Sunday Stamps.

Lisa B said...

An interesting and colourful selection.

viridian said...

Visiting you via Firefox and everything looks fine. Thanks ofr participating!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Very unusual countries! Vietnam I have come to realise is now more accessible but Mongolia still seems as remote as ever.

I am watching the evolution of the new blog setup. You now have a sidebar, but what I find interesting and useful is that your comments seem to be distinguished from visitors'. I like that feature.

Ana said...

oh, glad to see someone else has Mongolia for today! Means I have got it right and fitting in "Mainland Asia"

Great choice of stamps...always nice to see rarities around!

Btw, I also like this feature of your comments being distinguished from the visitors'. Can you share the secret widget please? :) Thanks!

Bob Scotney said...

Sorry Ana, there's no secret widget that I know about. The distinguishing feature seems to be an integral part of Blogger's dynamic view template.
You couldn't get much more mainland than Mongolia I think.