Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

White - Thematic Photography

My first thought on seeing Carmi's theme of 'white' was to put up  a photo of the White House. However I decided to show some holiday snaps instead.
Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
A white house, white water but what is that beast with its face resting on the cliff?

There's lots of white in the next photo, but some must have been a trick of the light,
Padstow Harbour
Also in Padstow I came across this bird obeying the white line at the harbour side.
Padstow Gull
Staying with wildlife, a butterfly caught my eye.
White Butterfly
The butterfly was photographed in the garden of this half-white house in St Mawgan where we stayed.
Bro Tref, St Mawgan
For my last picture this week I'm moving back the the North East coast of England for one of my favourite dog photos.
Whitby Dog
Hope you liked my white selection, for more white entries follow this link to Thematic Photographic 161

15 comments:

A Paperback Writer Photos said...

Oh, I used a dog this time, too! But the one in my pic's even uglier!!

My favorite of your selection is the harbor. Very peaceful.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob .. great selection - made me homesick for Cornwall! And boy doesn't Whitby Dog have the dog's life ...

and yes - your choices for your white theme are lovely to see - cheers Hilary

Max Sartin said...

The dog is adorable! It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about, but the beast looking over the beach is awesome. great set of pictures.

21 Wits said...

Oh my, you are really making me push myself for another England trip! (Actually it wouldn't take much, if time permitted) I'll have to check out Padstow, what an amazing photo, it makes me wonder is it that stunning in real life? Awesome photo of a spot that just pulls a person into the view! Nicely done TP! I better get busy on my own TP! We've been busy with the State Fair, The Rennfest, and the Zoo quite a family affair the last three days! I hope your weekend was lovely too!

Arabella said...

What amazing photos, Bob. The dog is especially cute.

Hope you have a great week.

Hugs,
Marie Rhoades

Little Nell said...

I’m very fond of Padstow, but I don’t have a seagull picture from there, which is amazing as I seem to pgotograph the blighters everywhere. I have a Polperro one does that count?

The dog pictures is just so endearing though. What was he up to?

Lovely tour as usual Bob.

Bob Scotney said...

Nell, unfotunately the dog had a problem with its legs and it always got a ride in the pushchair when it tired.

Tina´s PicStory said...

Nice shots. The last is so cute :)

Kalei's Best Friend said...

That white butterfly is very unique!. Looks like the weather is a bit nippy.. Love that photo of the little westie...

Barbara said...

It looks so lovely over there! The harbour shot is a great "reflection" of how light creates white. Gotta love the dog, too!

Gilly said...

Great "Cornish Whites"! But the Whitby dog is the only cute one!

Great shots, all of them!

Alexia said...

Lovely shots. I've always wanted to visit Padstow (blame Rick Stein) - I too love the dog, and the harbour shot is beautiful.

Bruno Laliberté said...

that dog is just too cute!!
:)~
HUGZ

Alfandi said...

beautiful place..and the dog is just too cute..

carmilevy said...

I'd hug that dog, if I could :)

There's something about by-the-sea photos that just speaks of power and peace to me. I love them all, but the seaside perspectives are in a league of their own.

Wonderful interpretations, as ever!