Pages

Thursday 2 March 2017

Purple - Thematic Photography

I've heard of purple prose and people going purple when in a rage, but I never thought that I would contemplate writing a book called 'Fifty Shades of Purple'.

After last week's yellow I just had to return to the same roadside verge where yellow has been joined by -

Purple crocus
Again I'm continuing the flower theme - 

Purple pansies
These were taken on the first day of meteorological spring having survived the winter.

Other spring flowers are showing off different shades - 

Garden crocus
and 

Emerging primula
I saved my 'pièce de résistance' till last. I walked 2 miles to get a shot of an estate agents sign - 


Foiled again! Last week the selling agent had been 'Purple Bricks'!

For other purple patches please visit Carmi at Thematic-photographic-402,

4 comments:

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Oh how I wished that Spring was here, not only according to the calendar but in the air! -23 celsius this morning. Even Max was not happy about being outside! Love the Spring flowers! And the 2 mile walk was good for you!

ScotSue said...

Lovely floral photographs and it was worth the walk to finish off with that purple sign.

21 Wits said...

All such lovely shades of purple, the flowers and blooms and yes your book of fifty shades of purple is a must!

Jo said...

Hmm, you have lovely spring flowers and we have snow yet again. We don't see snowdrops here sadly.