Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Lens - Thematic Photography

Washington's Jonas has reached the UK and has now been named Storm Gertrude. The strong winds and rain make it an unsuitable day for outdoor photography or for wearing sunglasses.

However I found a model prepared to show off a pair with engraved lenses.


This pair were a 'freebie' from a golf tournament in Norway in the 1980s.

The 'engraved' lens shows who they were given to.

Yours truly
The other lens had an engraved logo for the annual Oilmen's Tournament at Stavanger Golf Club.


A search for other lenses produced these old pairs - oh why haven't they been thrown away.

From back to front - Burberry and two pairs of RayBan's
They could not possibly have been mine.

As I have got older and taken other hobbies up again, my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.

I have to resort to the use of:

Lenses that magnify
But if I'm honest they are not:

Big enough
Perhaps I should have been aware of the lens that magnified this.

Oops
Honest I wasn't trying to take a selfie with this.

A phone that's not smart enough to take photos in either direction
Mind you it's lens is a thing to be admired.

Camera lens
There was a time when I wore contact lenses but not ones discarded like these:

Dailies worn by my wife
She used to wear spectacles for many years as this earlier photo shows.


I wonder if that was the pair with which my ear was once entangled in a Lincolnshire cinema.

I just hope that Carmi realises what trouble his Thematic-photographic-365-lens has now got me into. 

I can hardly say my lenses were steamed up and I didn't see it coming.

6 comments:

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

:)

Tony McGurk said...

Really like the Wabbit Wearing the Sunnies Bob & the hand close up is a really great & perfectly focused shot..

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Bob - amazing range of lenses you were able to find ... love the photos - and yes I inherited some magnifying glasses from my uncle, but I'm his wife's relation and my eyes seem to be pretty good - glasses for reading otherwise I can manage easily. But not with rain in my eyes! Cheers Hilary

21 Wits said...

You totally did keep yourself and us amused and delighted with your bunny/other stuff-perfect lens shots!

Gilly said...

Wonderful array of lens shots! Love the bunny!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Cool shades, Bob!

;-)