Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

That Summertime Feeling - Sunday Stamps II

After 20 hours of continuous rain it's great to get 'That summertime feeling' again.

On 2 August 1994 the Royal Mail issued a set of 5 stamps entitled 'The Four Seasons. Summertime. Events.'

Unfortunately I have only three of them.

Great Britain
The 19p stamp on the left is of the Royal Welsh Show at Llanelwedd.

The 30p and the 35p stamps that I do not have show yachting from Cowes Week and the cricket Test Match from Lords.

A 41p stamp making up the set

Great Britain
shows the Highland Games at Braemar.

To get a feeling for summertime elsewhere please visit the links at Violet's Sunday-Stamps-ii-35.

7 comments:

FinnBadger said...

Wimbledon is certainly the event I associate with summer. Although I don't think any spectators get quite that close to the court these days :)

Jo said...

Pity you don't have the yachting at Cowes. So very English. Love the stamps you do have. Still watch Wimbledon here but not with the devotion I used to have when I lived in the UK.

21 Wits said...

Yep, you've given me those summer-time-feelings! Nice stamps Bob.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I really love this issue. I have the Welsh Show and the cricket at Lords as PHQ cards.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

...wishing you a happy Sunday :O)

Joy said...

Nice when the sun shows up for an event. I liked the seasons series of stamps.

VioletSky said...

These definitely say summer! Pity about all the rain. We had very hot temps last week (40C with humidity). I was melting. Some rain would have been a welcome different sort of dampness.