Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

White for winter - Thematic Photography

We have had two (on separate days) big (all of half an inch) snowfalls this winter. Just deep enough for me to use a snow shovel but not scenic enough for a photograph.

I'll just have to settle for shots from the last two years.

Scout wonders what to do in the Michigan snow.
Where's that ball?
Lily thinks it's whiter on the other side of the fence
You go that way, I'll go this
But what they really want is for the snow to go away.

But the white in our garden at this time of year is a different kind of snow....


Snowdrops
These have been in flower since the middle of January - what's an half-inch of snow to them!

For other white winter wonderlands wander across to Carmi's thematic-photographic-326.

8 comments:

Gail said...

Beautiful! I love the snowdrops.

We are covered with a nice shell of ice and snow but its not over two inches.

These pictures are from years past. Like you, we have had a mild winter.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

awww...nice shots.

Gilly said...

Do your dogs actually enjoy the snow? Ours would rather go indoors! Lovely snowdrops, don't know where ours have gone to - probably eaten by squirrels!

21 Wits said...

It's super fun time with all that snow, and trying to get the ball! Great shots Bob.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Such cute doggies!!
~

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Bob, are you kidding? An inch? But you had to go one step further and show me your Snowdrops!!!! I love those...:)JP

SeaThreePeeO said...

Brilliant pictures. I'm not too sure my cats would have been impressed with snow fall like that. Beautiful snowdrop pictures.

Unknown said...

I do love snowdrops. They always make me believe spring will actually arrive. Here in Chicago snowdrops show up in March.
I love the photos of your dogs playing in the deep snow. It looks like fun but what a mess when they come in!