Pages

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Threesies - Thematic Photography




I've fooled about a bit today to meet Carmi's 'Threeies' theme. This Tuesday  is when our recycling  bins are emptied and there at the bottom of our drive were the empty containers for everyone to see.

Recycling containers
Blue box for glass; white bag (on side) for newspapers and on the right the larger white bag for cans, plastic and cardboard emptied every two weeks if you remember to put them out by the kerbside early in the morning.

The local fields are full of pregnant ewes; it will soon be lambing time. I see them every day when I walk to fetch a paper.

 A threesome in waiting

I have to pass the village playing field on the way and it has a colourful threesome on show.

Playground threesome

When my wife arrived home from the shops I found a threesome threesie among her goods. It didn't photograph very well.
Three threesies
If you could read the labels, reading left to right for each column, there is a threesie for £10 and two threesies for £6.


I decided I'd better be more serious for my next two threesies and return to Tresco on the Isles of Scilly.

Tresco Abbey Gardens
Statue of the Dorien-Smith children, symbolic of the freedom of the islands
This permits me to finish with a threesie of our own.

Adrian, Andrew & Rachel, Cromwell's Castle, Tresco 2008
So you have eight threesies to pick from here and I'm sure you'll find lots of others via Thematic-photographic-279.


9 comments:

21 Wits said...

Bob, I like how you fool around, this photo series was very enjoyable.

Susan Kane said...

Excellent collection of Threesies. I will have to consider that idea sometime.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It looks much warmer where ewe are!

Nice pics, Bob!

;-)

Alexia said...

Excellent trios, Bob! I love the Dorien-Smith sculpture.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Great photos! I enjoyed the sequence. Sheep made me smile!

photodoug said...

Nice collage of 3s. Thanks for sharing.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Good collection of the theme.. also, never apologize- your shots always shine.

Gilly said...

I loved them all! And had a laugh over the last one I'm often buying "any three for £5" or whatever!

L. D. said...

I great collection of all those threeeees.