Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Singles - Thematic Photography

When I saw this week's theme was 'single people' I wondered what to do. Then my grandson saved me.

Angus - Panama 2012
Angus is a member of the GB Squad for the World Junior Surfing Championship to be held in Panama starting on 14 April. You may see more 'single' surfers here.

 Then there's a slightly older sporting single in this shot taken at Lincoln Lindum cricket ground in the 1950s.

Bob - Stamford School blazer
I still have the blazer but sad to say it no longer fits - it must have shrunk. Some time later I settled for more formal attire.

Single breasted - all dressed up - waiting to go.
I just wish I could remember just where I was meant to go!

Keeping it in the family I've saved a shot from my brother's war photos till last.

Unknown Naval Officer - c1940 - with his cats.

For more photos on the theme you need to visit the other single people at Carmi's Written Inc. TP191

8 comments:

21 Wits said...

Bob! You look so dapper! Very nice! I just adore the live action single shot of your grandson. He's so good on his board! Great single people post! Every picture just pops out!

larkswing said...

Quite a few single shots!! Very nice, all of them :)

mooderino said...

Yes, it must have shrunk. I have a few trousers like that.

Great photos.


mood

Sarah Allen said...

Yes, definitely dapper :) Great photos!

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Alfandi said...

Love that surfing photo..

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Very nice pics...I like that kitty photo the best.
~

darlin said...

Wow, your grandson is daring. Surfing is definitely a singles sport. I love the old photo of you, as well as the new photo, you look handsome and who cares if the old blazer shrunk? Look at you now! I also enjoyed the old photo of your brother.

Great singles post, thank you for sharing and keep us posted how your grandson does in competition please.

Cheers.

carmilevy said...

You dress up wonderfully! And your grandson rocks...what a neat way to carry on the family tradition of doing things that matter. I love how you've taken us on a tour of the generations. Good luck to your grandson!