Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Beginning - Sunday Stamps

OK, so I'm cheating. I had never seen stamps heralding the New Year before. When idly searching for New Year material I came across these on the internet.

Russia 1991
And one with a design that does not strike me as much fun for the animal concerned but the source described it as a New Year Stamp.

New Year Stamp - Japan 1957
Happy New Year to everyone. I look forward to seeing your stamps throughout 2012.

Make a resolution to visit others at Viridian's postcard blog

11 comments:

VioletSky said...

The Russian triangle stamp is fun!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love the Russian stamp! The Japanese one is a bit strange. I wonder why they would associate whaling with the new Year.

Joy said...

The Japan stamp is curious, wonder what is symbolism is. Love the cheery Triangles.

Lisa B said...

Happy New Year Bob. It's surprising how few New Year stamps there appear to be.

viridian said...

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Happy new year to you too, and more Sunday Stamps.

Little Nell said...

No wonder that poor whale is looking down in the mouth!

Postcard Blogger said...

Love the Russia stamp!!

Postcardy said...

It seems that most of the New Year stamps are from places where New Year is a big holiday and Christmas is celebrated less or not at all.

GadgetSponge.com said...

Great stamps! I like stamps like the triangular shaped one above. That one is a great one!

Bruno Laliberté said...

Happy New year to you too!!
Lovely stamps!!
:)~
HUGZ

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob, great to meet you! I used to collect stamps as a kid so I appreciate your post today. Have a healthy and prosperous New Year!